“The inability to delegate is one of the biggest problems I see with managers at all levels.” Eli Broad
Have you reached a point in your business where you know you need help, but you can’t think of what you can hand off to someone else?
Here’s a quick way to find out what you should and should not delegate
Grab a piece of paper and a pen. Draw two lines down the page so you have three columns. Label them “Daily” “Weekly” and “Monthly.” Now answer these seven questions.
- What tasks do I do daily, weekly, and monthly?
- What needs to get done but is not getting done?
- Can someone help with any of these tasks if you explain to them what you need done?
- What parts of your business are things that only you can do?
- What tasks are things that you love to do and don’t want to give up?
- What tasks are things you hate doing? (Are you putting them off?)
- Who suffers if I continue trying to do everything myself?
“No person will make a great business who wants to do it all himself ….” Andrew Carnegie
Now that you have identified what can be delegated, don’t hesitate. Start your search today for a virtual assistant that will be a perfect fit for the tasks you have chosen to delegate.
If you need help with that process, let me know and I’ll provide some resources to help you get started.
Until later …